Astronomy Day is back!
Stars, planets, moons, galaxies and telescopes – learn more about these fascinating objects on Astronomy Day at the George Observatory in Brazos Bend State Park. Make plans to attend an extended day of astronomical activities and exciting experiences that you will never forget!
Saturday, October 29, 2022
5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Solar telescope viewing
- Presentation by NASA Heliophysics
- Meet professional and amateur astronomers
- Learn about local Astronomy Clubs
- 36” Research telescope viewing & tours
- EAA viewing with 18” and 14” telescopes
- Night-time viewing through deck telescopes
- Temporary tattoos & button making
Park Entrance fee:
The George Observatory is located within Brazos Bend State Park. Please purchase park entrance fee on the park’s website, in addition to Astronomy Day ticket.
Entrance fee to the Park:
Adults $7 | Children 12 and under free