The George Observatory offers many opportunities for Juniors to progress on their Girl Scout Journeys!
- Journey to the Stars Overnight Program
Junior Girl Scouts take an amazing journey into space when they stay overnight at the George Observatory!
- Friday night: Learn about light pollution, constellations, careers in astronomy, look through Observatory telescopes (weather permitting), take a night hike around Creekfield Lake, and spend the night inside the Observatory exhibit area.
- Saturday: Blast into outer space with a Chevron Expedition Center Mission!
- Journey Tie Ins
This program offers tie ins to all three Junior-level Journeys and provides opportunities to address Junior National Leadership Outcomes. Download the Journey Tie Ins.
- Cost: Girls $40, Adults $15
- Friday/Saturday, 7:30 p.m.–11:30 a.m.
- Jan 18–19, 2019 FULL
- Mar 1–2, 2019 FULL
- Mar 8–9, 2019 NEW DATES
- May 10–11, 2019 NEW DATES
- May 17–18, 2019 FULL
- Take An Expedition Any Time!
Any troop can schedule a mission to the Moon in the Expedition Center at the George Observatory! Come out on a Saturday afternoon, take an expedition to space and have a picnic. When the stars come out, come back to the Observatory for a look through the telescopes!Reservations required for the Chevron Expedition Center Program mission. This simulated space flight is adaptable for all age levels of Scouts.
Scouts@HMNS is generously supported by Occidental Petroleum.