|Position:||Birthday Party Assistant – Hermann Park and/or Sugar Land|
|Employment Status:||Part Time, Hourly|
|Reports to:||Birthday Party and Youth Education Programs Facilitator|
|Pay Rate:||$12.00 per hour|
The Education Department at the Houston Museum of Natural Science strives to provide an inspirational learning environment, promote scientific inquiry as a mode of thinking, and to engage children in the wonders of science. As such, we are looking for fun individuals to help facilitate our birthday parties and interpret museum displays for our guests. As part of the job duties, Assistants will be trained in interpretation for tours of the various exhibit halls.
The Birthday Party Assistant will be responsible for
- Delivering exceptional experiences to patrons
- Setting up, decorating, and cleaning the party spaces
- Helping guests transport items to and from their cars
- Supervising and interacting with children of all ages in a fun, positive way
- Leading tours through various exhibit halls of the museum
- Helping with food, including setting up parent-provided foods, cutting cake and distribution of food
- Keeping the party on time and adhering to tight deadlines
- Well organized, able to prioritize tasks and time
- People-oriented, respectful, friendly, engaging, and willing to take initiative
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Must be on time for all parties.
- Handle constructive criticism and be willing to make changes based on feedback from party parents as well as the Youth Education Staff.
- Must comply with the museum’s COVID-19 protocols
Ideal candidate will be/have
- Interested in and enthusiastic about various topics covered in the Museum exhibitions and programing
- First-hand experience in early childhood education in general
- Enjoys problem-solving
- Flexible, personable and able to multi-task
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Access to a smart phone during work hours with reception in the Museum
- To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.