|Position:||Call Center Representative, Visitor Services|
|Employment Status:||Part Time Hourly, Non-Exempt|
|Pay Rate:||$12.00 per hour|
If you are customer-service focused and enjoy interacting with the public over the phone and helping others, the Call Center Representative position could be your perfect fit.
The Call Center Representative position is a role that is best suited for individuals with an interest in education, science and history and who are enthusiastic, friendly, reliable and prefer to work traditional daytime hours at a personal workstation. A Call Center Representative primarily works independently but interacts daily with museum staff in multiple departments, including routinely working with the field trip and outreach teams.
The Call Center Representative is the first point of contact for customers with the museum. This individual assists with booking future museum reservations and must be knowledgeable and able to explain all museum venues, events, educational programs, membership levels and promotions with the intent to sell.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding service for all customers, both internal and external
- Enthusiastically and accurately answer customer questions and communicate details of museum offerings, including but not limited to venues, events, field trips, outreach, birthday parties, labs, summer camp, scouts, memberships and promotions
- Ensure new and existing customers are exposed to all museum products relevant to their needs
- Upsell programs with a focus on booking volume, reservation length, upgrades, add-ons and memberships
- Enter information for reservations accurately and efficiently
- In completing sales transactions, explain museum policies specific to customer’s booking and collect payment
- Enter transaction details into internal tracking systems and complete required reports for accurate accounting
- Communicate details for field trip and outreach bookings to the appropriate reservation coordinators and presenters
- Stay up-to-date and maintain thorough familiarity with all museum offerings by studying marketing and training materials
- Interact with patrons and museum staff on the phone and via e-mail, and also in-person with colleagues
- Maintain open lines of communication with visitor services and youth education departments. Transfer calls when needed to appropriate contacts in other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in ATMS ticketing system; training will be provided if needed
- Proficient in Freshdesk customer service software; training will be provided if needed
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Commitment to customer service
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to speak to callers and colleagues
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish/English)
- Relevant volunteer or work experience is preferred
- Able to arrive to work on time, have proven track record of reliable punctuality and attendance
- Must work 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. two set days per week, which may include weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Able to sit for extended periods of time
- Able to operate a desktop computer, mobile computer, scanner or other technical equipment
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must comply with the museum’s COVID-19 protocols
Perks of Working at HMNS Include:
- Free individual-level HMNS Membership
- Free admission to museum exhibit halls, Butterfly Center, Planetarium, Giant Screen Theater and satellite facilities
- Discounted programming including museum summer camp
- Free staff parking
- Predominately daytime hours
Submit resume and completed Museum Application Form by Saturday, April 1, 2023 in one of the following ways:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail to HMNS, c/o HR, 5555 Hermann Park Drive, Houston, Texas, 77030
- In person by dropping off your application materials c/o HR at the Museum Service desk at HMNS in Hermann Park
No phone calls, please.
HMNS does not to respond to inquiries regarding application status.
The Houston Museum of Natural Science is an EEO Employer.