|Position:||Visitor Services Customer Service Representative|
|Employment Status:||Part Time Hourly|
|Pay Rate:||$9.50 per hour|
If you enjoy interacting with the public, helping individuals and would like to work with a team of exciting coworkers, the Customer Service Representative position could be your perfect fit.
The Customer Service Representative position is a dynamic role that is best suited for individuals with an interest in science and history and who are enthusiastic, friendly, reliable and able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays. Dispersed throughout the museum, our Customer Service Representatives greet and help guests navigate the museum. You will have the opportunity to work in multiple different venues, including our Giant Screen Theater, Burke Baker Planetarium, Butterfly center and special exhibitions, while also learning about the interesting specimens on display. As a Customer Service Representative, you will be responsible for assisting guests and setting the tone for an enjoyable museum visit.
Essential duties and positions include:
- Uses ticketing system for point of sale transactions, membership enrollment/renewal, and basic sales orders
- Ability to facilitate a cash and/or debit and credit card payment with accuracy for guest transactions
- Ticket taker/greeter (permanent exhibit hall and special exhibition entrances) – scan & verify tickets and provide information to all museum guests
- Giant Screen Theater & Burke Baker Planetarium usher/ticket taker – scan & verify tickets, perform usher duties in theater, including sanitizing in between shows
- Gallery Attendant & Rainforest – patrols inside select museum galleries, providing routine protection of galleries and enforcing museum safety policies
- Provides a welcoming, safe and fun environment for our guests through outstanding service and guest assistance
- Understanding of museums tickets and efficient at communicating the difference in membership levels and benefits to guests
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish/English)
- Ability to be in both stationary and circulating positions throughout shift for long periods of times
- Available to work 1-3 days a week, including Thursday evening, Saturday and/or Sunday
- Ability to occasionally pick up special event evening shifts
- Giant Screen Theater, Burke Baker Planetarium and Cockrell Butterfly Center: ability to ascend/descend stairs, provide equipment to guests.
- Moderate physical activity required. Moves racks of 3D glasses, laptops, scanner, ticket stock, ticket printers.
- Ability to operate a desktop computer, mobile computer, scanner or other technical equipment
- Should have good interpersonal and communication skills in order to speak to visitors and colleagues
- Able to adjust to changing workflow from slow to a fast pace working environment, alert and able to respond quickly in an emergency
- Should have an interest in science
- Excellent customer service skills
- Relevant volunteer or work experience is preferred
- Must be at least 14 years old to apply
Perks of working at HMNS Include:
- Free HMNS INDIVIDUAL Membership
- Employee has free access to Museum exhibits, Cockrell Butterfly Center, Burke Baker Planetarium and Giant Screen Theater and satellite facilities
- Discounted programming including museum summer camp.
- Free staff parking
- Flexible scheduling
- Predominately daytime hours (some evenings may be required)
*Application Instructions: Send resumes to email@example.com