Position: Data Entry/Member Event Associate
Department: Membership Department
Employment Status: Part Time Hourly/$8.50, 25-30 hours weekly
Reports to: Director of Membership
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide staff assistance at all museum membership events, promotions and community outreach, including event setup and breakdown.
- Promote and process membership sales and renewals at member events.
- Primary functions include working all membership events on and offsite while promoting membership sales, auto renews and enrollment. Hours will be supplemented during low event times with data entry and office support functions.
- Update and maintain donor information and input new and renewing memberships into the donor database
- Generate membership cards and acknowledgement letters for donor contributions
- Maintain the integrity of the donor database by ensuring the accuracy of member and donor records and perform data cleansing functions in the database
- Learn all aspects of working in Museum membership
- Ensure high levels of customer services and check and return phone calls and emails from museum members
- Assist membership management with special projects, as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Working knowledge of ATMS ticketing system or Raiser’s Edge
- Strong organizational, detail oriented, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong customer service skills; must be comfortable dealing with members on the phone and in person
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask and apply flexibility to unplanned or changing departmental needs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of member and donor records
- Must be able to arrive to work on time and work one or both days of the weekend.
- Interest in planning and coordinating events, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Must have a proven track record of reliable punctuality and attendance.
- Must be able to work weekends and late events for all membership events.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds, sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Resumes and cover letters should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will accepted through May 31, 2019.