|Employment Status:||Full-Time Hourly, non-exempt|
|Reports to:||Director of Exhibits, Wiess|
The Houston Museum of Natural Science is seeking an experienced Project Assistant with a broad skillset to assist in the creation of museum exhibits and themed environments. The position will require applicants to be highly detail oriented, professional, a good listener, and to take notes methodically with impeccable follow through. On any given day applicants will be asked to use the listed varying skillsets to assist with organization, meetings, scheduling, presentations, assist with budgeting, fabrication review, assist with contractor communications, and manage multiple deadlines.
- Maintaining and integrating cross department project schedule
- Coordinating daily tasks of varying priority with Team members
- Create and maintain detailed documentation for all assigned projects
- Creating project update materials for presentation.
- Assist Director / Project Management on renovations and new build projects
- Keeping the general workspace organized and equipped.
- Manage tasks to be completed on time and on budget.
- Other duties as assigned
- Have 3 years of experience working in a design + build, custom fabrication, or museum environment.
- Have experience in the following: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Suite Software, Sketchup, MS Project or equivalent scheduling software.
- Be self-motivated, professional, and able to work alone and in a team environment.
- Have proven, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and action-oriented.
- Have the ability to read construction drawings, understand design + build methods and materials
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities effectively
- Capable of working independently while meeting deadlines
- Must be able to operate basic office equipment, including use of a desktop computer for extended periods of time
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
- Dependable and timely
- Comfortable frequently lifting and moving items weighing up to 30 pounds
- Must comply with the museum’s COVID-19 safety and vaccination/testing protocols.
To apply, please submit resumes and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted through Friday, November 12, 2021.