Salary: $9.50 per hour
Hours: 25-30 hours per week | Monday – Friday 7:30am-1:00pm
Dates: May 24 – August 13, 2021
Supervisor: Jayme Schlimper, Curator of Education Collections, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Summer Before Camp Coordinator Intern must be organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, reliable and ready to ask questions. The main duties of the Before Camp Coordinator will be to organize and supervise the Before Camp program for Summer camp, including scheduling teachers and teaching assistants, and work closely with the After Camp Coordinator to maintain consistency between Before Camp and After Camp programming. Customer service is a key element to this position as the Coordinator will interact with students ages 6-12, teachers, teaching assistants, museum staff, parents and museum patrons.
The coordinator must be able to work all of the dates listed above in order to maintain consistency within the Before Camp and After Camp program. The work may involve some moderate lifting. This position will be supervised by the Curator of Education Collections.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Support the Summer Camp team, including working with the After Camp Coordinator to schedule teachers and teaching assistants
- Help maintain an organized system of purchases so that an accurate materials budget can be compiled easily at the end of the Summer.
- Work with Summer Camp Resource Coordinator and education staff in Education Collections when available.
- Work with information gathered from previous coordinators to develop a set of guidelines for teachers who work in each of the extended day classroom as well as an outline of duties for coordinators in years to come.
- Must be a full time university student as of Spring 2021 returning as a full time student in Fall 2021.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and both Macintosh and PC platforms.
- Interest in working in a museum and educational environment.
- Interest in customer service and interaction with Museum patrons.
- Intern must have access to reliable vehicle for use during work hours.
- Intern must have at least a basic knowledge of Houston Museum District area.
- Intern must be comfortable lifting large items, approximately 40 lbs.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, reliable and ready to ask questions.
Please send a letter of interest along with a current resume to Jayme Schlimper via email at email@example.com, no phone calls please. Accepted applicants will be asked to complete an additional application form and attend an onsite interview. Applications are due by March 5, 2021 by 5pm. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.