|Position:||Summer Camp Health Coordinator|
|Employment Status:||Internship, Part Time, Hourly, non-exempt|
|Dates:||May 22, 2023 to August 11, 2023|
|Hours:||35 hours per week, Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.|
|Supervisor||Summer Camp Director|
|Pay Rate:||$12.50 per hour|
HMNS has earned the reputation of Houston’s top summer enrichment experiences in the Houston area. A robust catalog covering a wide range of science topics are geared for children ages six to twelve. Summer Camp 2023 runs May 30 to August 11 at the main campus in Hermann Park, and from May 30 to August 4 at our Sugar Land location.
The Summer Camp Health Coordinator contributes to the success of the Summer Camp program as a critical member of the Summer Camp team.
The Summer Camp Health Coordinator must be organized, detail-oriented, reliable and ready to ask questions. This individual must be able to meet required deadlines and maintain an up-to-date database of camper health records throughout the Summer Camp program. The intern will be supervised and mentored by the Summer Camp Director and work directly with the Summer Camp Registrar in the Education Office.
This internship provides experience in the non-profit program management in a museum environment. The goal of the Houston Museum of Natural Science is to provide the intern with a challenging project that develops professional skills while working with museum patrons, campers and staff.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track health records and follow up on missing records or information
- Identify any camper special needs, allergies and medical issues
- Manage medication check-in procedure and ensure camper access to appropriate medications
- Manage reporting of health information relevant to summer camp
- Assist the Summer Camp Director with minor medical issues of campers
- Manage carpool registration information, run reports for carpool, update carpool authorizations and other information as necessary
- Meet once a week with supervisor to discuss challenges and progress of projects
- Support the Summer Camp team
- Actively participate in staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interest in working in a museum or educational environment
- Interest in customer service and interaction with Museum patrons
- Comfortable working with children ages 6-12 years old
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, reliable and ready to ask questions
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student as of spring 2023
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and creating spreadsheets for data tracking
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to arrive to work on time
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must comply with the museum’s Health & Safety Protocols outlined in training
- Must comply with the museum’s COVID-19 protocols
Perks of Working at HMNS Include:
- Free access to museum exhibits, Butterfly Center, Burke Baker Planetarium, Giant Screen Theater and satellite facilities
- Discounted programming including museum summer camp
- Free staff parking
- Staff discount in the Museum Store
- Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 24, 2023
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
No phone calls, please.
HMNS does not respond to inquiries regarding application status.
The Houston Museum of Natural Science is an EEO Employer.