|Position:||Summer Camp Parking Attendant|
|Employment Status:||Part Time, Hourly, non-exempt|
|Dates:||May 30, 2023 to August 11, 2023|
|Hours:||Up to 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday, applicants can apply to work one or two shifts per day.
1st shift: 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.;
2nd shift: 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.;
off time: 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
|Supervisors:||Summer Camp Parking Supervisor|
|Pay Rate:||$12.00 per hour|
HMNS has earned the reputation of Houston’s top summer enrichment experiences in the Houston area. Playing critical roles to a good summer camp experience for campers and parents are Summer Camp Parking Attendants.
Summer Camp Parking Attendants must be able to work inside the museum parking garage during the summer heat, stand on your feet, move around the garage, be alert and provide excellent customer service to summer camp patrons using the museum garage. This position assists with traffic flow and managing the limited number of reserved parking spaces for summer camp patrons during the busy drop-off and pick-up timeframes.
Summer Camp Parking Attendants will identify summer camp patrons entering the garage, direct and assist summer camp patrons to an available open space, assist with traffic control, direct summer camp patrons backing out of parking space, and work with museum security staff. This position also requires communicating with the other parking attendants, garage and visitor services staff, and security team via radio or voice.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform work duties in the museum parking garage
- Identify summer camp patrons with parking pass displayed in their car
- Direct summer camp patrons to an available parking space
- Direct summer camp patrons backing out of parking spaces
- Assist with traffic control while summer camp patrons are backing out of parking spaces
- Communicate with fellow garage attendants and other museum staff in the garage regarding capacity and traffic
- Provide excellent customer service
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interest in working in a museum or educational environment
- Interest in customer service and interaction with Museum patrons
- Must be friendly, reliable and ready to ask questions
- Must be at least 18 years old by May 31, 2023
- Must be able and willing to work in the summer heat in the museum parking garage
- Must be able and willing to stand on your feet for hours at a time
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to arrive to work on time
- Must comply with the museum’s Health & Safety Protocols outlined in training
- Must comply with the museum’s COVID-19 protocols
Perks of Working at HMNS Include:
- Free access to museum exhibits, Butterfly Center, Burke Baker Planetarium, Giant Screen Theater and satellite facilities
- Discounted programming including museum summer camp
- Free staff parking
- Staff discount in the Museum Store
- Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 19, 2023
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
No phone calls, please.
HMNS does not respond to inquiries regarding application status.
The Houston Museum of Natural Science is an EEO Employer.