|Position:||Summer Camp Parking Supervisor|
|Employment Status:||Part Time, Hourly, non-exempt|
|Dates:||May 30, 2023 to August 11, 2023|
|Hours:||Up to 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday
1st shift: 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.;
2nd shift: 1:00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m.;
off time: 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
|Supervisors:||Director of Summer Camp and Teaching Assistant Coordinator|
|Pay Rate:||$17.50 per hour|
HMNS has earned the reputation of Houston’s top summer enrichment experiences in the Houston area. Playing critical roles to a good summer camp experience for campers and parents are Summer Camp Parking Attendants. The Summer Camp Parking Supervisor must be able to work inside the museum parking garage during the summer heat, stand on your feet, move around the garage, be alert and provide excellent customer service to summer camp patrons using the museum garage. This position assists with traffic flow and managing the limited number of reserved parking spaces for summer camp patrons during the busy drop-off and pick-up timeframes.
The Summer Camp Parking Supervisor is responsible for supervising a team of parking garage attendants, scheduling parking garage attendants, positioning attendants to be most effective, establishing communication between attendants and security staff, working with security staff as directed, and updating and communicating with camp supervisors.
The Summer Camp Parking Supervisor will also perform the duties of a Parking Attendant: identify summer camp patrons entering the garage, direct and assist summer camp patrons to an available open space, assist with traffic control, direct summer camp patrons backing out of parking space, and work with museum security staff. This position will also require communicating with the team of parking attendants, garage and visitor services staff, and security team via radio or voice.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform work duties in the museum parking garage
- Supervise parking attendant staff
- Schedule parking attendants for each day of summer camp operation
- Position attendants in the museum garage to be most effective
- Establish and maintain communication between attendants and security staff regarding positioning, capacity and traffic control in the museum garage
- Work directly with museum security supervisors and staff
- Identify summer camp patrons with parking pass displayed in their car
- Direct summer camp patrons to an available parking space
- Direct summer camp patrons backing out of parking spaces
- Assist with traffic control while summer camp patrons are backing out of parking spaces
- Provide excellent customer service
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interest in working in a museum or educational environment
- Interest in customer service and interaction with Museum patrons
- Must be friendly, reliable and ready to ask questions
- Must be at least 18 years old by May 31, 2023
- Must be able and willing to work in the summer heat in the museum parking garage
- Must be able and willing to stand on your feet for hours at a time
- Must be able to arrive to work on time
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must comply with the museum’s Health & Safety Protocols outlined in training
- Must comply with the museum’s COVID-19 protocols
Perks of Working at HMNS Include:
- Free access to museum exhibits, Butterfly Center, Burke Baker Planetarium, Giant Screen Theater and satellite facilities
- Discounted programming including museum summer camp
- Free staff parking
- Staff discount in the Museum Store
- Submit resume to email@example.com no later than May 19, 2023
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
No phone calls, please.
HMNS does not respond to inquiries regarding application status.
The Houston Museum of Natural Science is an EEO Employer.