|Position:||VS Front Line -Visitor Services Department, Sugar Land|
|Employment Status:||Summer Part Time Hourly (up to 30 hours per week, flexes seasonally)|
Under the direct supervision of the Sugar Land Operations Manager or Lead, the Sugar Land Front Line is our main line of customer service as well as patron interaction: to preserve and advance the general knowledge of natural science; to enhance in individuals the knowledge of and delight in natural science and related subjects; and to maintain and promote a museum of the first class.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Operates Box Office as main cashier, communicates to the Lead or Supervisor to meet sales, membership or special programs goals.
• Maintains Museum Store and ensures a great experience for patrons. Front line staff, with direction from leads, perform duties such as restocking, pricing, cleaning and meeting sales goals.
• Works towards orchestrating a pleasant working environment.
• Ensures the security and efficiency of cash handling and accurately sells tickets/ products, redemption of corporate discounts/promotions.
• Works with department supervisors and managers to ensure efficiency exists within staff roles. Uses resources and other areas as needed.
• Organizes work station throughout the day for optimum operational efficiency, expedient traffic flow and visitor satisfaction.
• Inquires about calendars to anticipate visitors, groups or special needs for the day. Stays well informed of special events and venue hours of operation.
• Maintains objective rapport with peers and museum staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must demonstrate ability in working with small and large groups of closely-interacting staff, as well as be sensitive to the diversity of those who visit the museum.
• Must have strong customer service skills, and/or retail background, and be able to demonstrate examples of success or achievement within that experience.
• Must consider the customer a top priority in the organization, and be sensitive to their needs and handle their feedback appropriately.
• Must demonstrate good judgment in handling customer questions and concerns through the proper resources, and can role model the effort of calming or recovering a dissatisfied customer.
• Must acknowledge the importance of security of money and the systems in place to monitor that security
• Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and time, have attention to detail, and multi-task in a busy environment.
• Must have excellent attendance.
• Must be able to arrive to work on time.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, some evenings, and holidays.
• Must comply with the museum’s COVID-19 protocols
Resumes will be accepted through Monday, June 6, 2022 and can be submitted in the following ways:
• By email via email@example.com
• By mail. Please mail the materials to HR, 5555 Hermann Park Drive, Houston, Texas, 77030
• In-person by dropping off your application materials c/o HR at the Museum Service desk at HMNS in Hermann Park.
No phone calls, please.
Due to the high volume of people who may apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Houston Museum of Natural Science is an EEO Employer.