Explore the museum in a whole new way with our expert tour guides. Sign up for your Discovery Tour in the museum’s box office. Meet our Discovery Guides!
- Hall of Paleontology Discovery Tour—offered daily
Join our family-friendly tours through more than 4.5 billion years of history. Bring your family along on an expert-led prehistoric safari and learn the inside scoop about our major mounts and spectacular specimens. (15 people per tour maximum)
- Hall of Ancient Egypt Discovery Tour – offered daily
- Cockrell Butterfly Center Rainforest Tour – offered Friday thru Sundayt
Tour HMNS’s living butterfly habitat and marvel at spectacular specimens of some of the world’s most beautiful arthropods.
Cost: $5 per person with a permanent exhibition ticket
Tour times (tour times are subject to change):
- Public Paleontology and Egypt tours:
- Sunday–Saturday at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m. (the 1:00 p.m. Paleontology tour is a Kids tour)
Private Discovery Tour:
Get the inside scoop on the Museum’s fascinating exhibitions during a private Discovery Guide Tour with our expert tour guides. During each exclusive tour, your guide will explore the exhibit with you, sharing riveting stories and answering questions.
- 1 Hour: $30 plus your exhibition ticket
- 2 Hours: $50 plus your exhibition ticket (tour must be in the same hall)