The Annual Fund is the heart of the Museum’s fundraising efforts and provides for the basic needs of the institution.
HMNS is currently serving the community as Houston rebuilds in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. We are reaching out to those displaced and working closely with school districts to ensure they have access to the Museum in the best and most appropriate ways—discounted field trips, free outreach programs, special programming, etc. We encourage you to help us continue these efforts, by making a gift to the Museum’s Annual Fund. Your donation is directed to the biggest and most immediate need, allowing HMNS to reach more people and accomplish more. Learn more about our Hurricane Harvey efforts here.
Annual Fund gifts support:
- Programs for youth that are rich in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) content
- Free and low-cost field trips for school groups
- Free admission to the Museum’s extensive permanent collection of 2 million rare and beautiful objects on Thursdays from 2 to 5 p.m.
- Unique special exhibits that feature major works of scientific and cultural interests which complement the Museum’s permanent exhibition
- State-of-the-art Giant Screen 3D films that allow the audience to experience new environments from outer space to the deep sea
To participate in the Annual Fund, please visit our Donations page.
To learn more about joining the President’s Circle, visit our President’s Circle page.
Click below to view The Nature of Giving, the Annual Recognition of HMNS donors.