Moran Ecoteen Summer Volunteer Program
Moran Ecoteens learn skills that can enhance future resumes, applications, and careers; and enjoy learning and forming friendships with other teens who have interests in diverse areas of natural science. Moran Ecoteen Volunteers primarily assist teachers and work with enthusiastic young campers in the Museum’s summer science camp classes. Some Ecoteens are also trained to give exhibit hall presentations using Museum specimens and artifacts to engage visitors of all ages. First year Ecoteens commit to volunteer for one two-week session.
Funded through the generosity of The W.T. and Louise J. Moran Foundation.
Selected volunteers have a unique opportunity to interact with Museum staff and visitors
Summer 2024 applications due March 18, 2024. (Priority deadline February 26, 2024).
Complete the Interest Form below to receive the application link and instructions.
2023/2024 Moran Teen Advisory Council
- Be between the ages of 14 and 19 and be in 9th to 11th grade
- Live in the greater Houston Metropolitan area (Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery and Waller counties)
- Commit to two-year term on the HMNS Moran Teen Advisory Council
- Commit to attend monthly TAC Meetings – both virtual and in-person, and additional dates for TAC-planned special events
- Contribute to the group
- Have the consent of a parent/guardian to participate this program
Teaching experience is not necessary, and training for each of the exhibit halls and docent positions is provided. We are currently seeking volunteers for these specific programs for an upcoming volunteer orientation.