For time and availability, please call 713-639-4659.
Spring Schedule 2021
January 4 – May 28
Taking time away from your classroom is no small task, so make the most of your field trip by examining the exciting learning opportunities available at the Wortham Giant Screen 3D Theatre! By supplementing your curriculum with engaging giant screen film experiences, you are sure to leave your students with lasting memories, increased curiosity, and a deeper understanding of science and nature.
With our unique program, you have your choice of morning programming. Choose your movie. Choose your time.
To reserve your ultimate field trip at the Giant Screen Experience, please contact us at 713-639-4659. Before you call, please review the steps below and choose the film and show time that best meet your needs.
Tickets & Chaperoning
- Film screenings are not private and are available on a first-call, first-served basis.
- A minimum of 25 people and maximum of 64 people is required for a Teacher’s Choice showing.
- Reservations must be made at least five (5) days in advance.
- Remaining unsold seats will be made available to the public.
- Available on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Closed Captioning available for most films.
- The Giant Screen Theater is also open on Fridays – please feel free to check out what’s now playing.
Step 1: Choose your film from a list of great new films and classic educator favorites.
*Please note, all films are currently being shown in 2D.
- Great Barrier Reef 3D: Grades 3 & up; People & Nature, Wildlife, Science & Nature, Conservation
- Great Bear Rainforest 3D – Grades 2nd – up; Earth Science, People & Nature, History & Culture, Wildlife, Conservation
- Back from the Brink 3D: Grades 3 & up
- Into America’s Wild 3D: All Grades
- Galapagos 3D: Grades 2 & up
Step 2: Choose from two convenient weekday morning show times:
- 10:00 a.m.
- 11:15 a.m.
Step 3: Or you can book your Teacher’s Choice by contacting Field Trips at 713-639-4659. Press 1 for a group reservation specialist.
Step 4: Is your choice already booked? Not a problem! You may join any session, any show, as long as there are seats available.
The films shown at our theater can be an important supplement to your classroom teaching. To make your teaching experience easier and richer, we provide educator guides and curriculum alignments. See the Educator Resources page for a complete list of educational resources.