Do you live in the Sugar Land area and want to keep your child’s birthday party close to home? Party Smarty is conveniently available at HMNS Sugar Land.
You’re busy. Why not let us help you and scratch one thing off your to-do list: planning the perfect birthday bash for your budding scientist. The Party Smarty birthday party program at HMNS Sugar Land is your one-stop shop for party planning—from selecting a theme and deciding on décor to securing activities and entertainment, we’ve got you covered.
Party Smarty Format
Party Smarty is about more than cake and candles. We make it our mission for your child to have an unforgettable time and to learn something while they’re at it.
Planning with us is easy. Here’s how it works:
- Each party is two hours long and includes
- Time to gather and greet your guests
- An age appropriate, themed activity
- Tour of an exhibit to nourish those noggins
- And time for good old-fashioned celebration.
- Parties are customizable with our upgrade options; contact our booking department for more information on upgrades, such as live animal demonstrations, Dinosaur Discovery presentation and more.
Please note: Payment: 50% of fee must be paid at time of booking, with the remainder to be paid within 2 weeks prior to the party date.
- A party is not officially booked and time slot reserved until the deposit is made.
- All birthday parties must be paid prior to the date of the party. Failure to do so will result in the birthday party being cancelled. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Rescheduling Fee: One date rescheduling per party is allowed. Any subsequent rescheduling will be subject to a $50 fee per change.
- No outside vendors: No outside catering companies or outside entertainment are allowed.
Pricing Basic Party Smarty Package – Ages 12 and younger
- Members: $350
- Non-Members: $450
- You also have the option of purchasing an extra 30 minutes for your party for $100.
- Live Animal presentation: $275
- Whether it’s creepy and crawly or cuddly and cute, we have the critter you want. Guests can experience a live animal presentation when they drop in for a visit. Animal availability may vary. (Recommended for children 4 years and older. Presentation lasts 30 minutes and does not add time on your party.)
- Dinosaur Discovery presentation: $275
- What was a dinosaur, and what was it like to be one? Marvel at dinosaur bones, horns, claws, teeth, and skin as you meet carnivorous and herbivorous dinosaurs through real fossilized specimens. You’ll investigate what dinosaurs ate, how they hunted, and the adaptations they developed to survive in a harsh and competitive prehistoric world.
Beginning in 2020, we will no longer allow helium balloons.
You’re more than welcome to bring your own food or have food delivered to the museum for your party. However, for the safety of our patrons, the following items are not allowed:
- Heating devices, such as crockpots and chaffing dishes
- Sparkler candles
- Smash cakes
- Confetti or glitter
- Traditional piñatas, though pull-string piñatas are allowed
- Wall-mounted decorations. Nothing may be affixed to any walls by any means.
- Alcohol will not be tolerated or permitted under any circumstances during birthday party activities.
The Houston Museum of Natural Science does not offer any refunds on birthday parties.
Rescheduling of Parties:
The Houston Museum of Natural Science allows a one-time reschedule of a birthday party. Any upgrades that were booked for the original birthday party date are not guaranteed on the rescheduled date. However, the museum will make every effort to reschedule all original upgrades. Any subsequent rescheduling will be subject to a $50 fee per change.
For additional information, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.