Do you live in the Sugar Land area and want to keep your child’s birthday party close to home? Party Smarty is conveniently available at HMNS Sugar Land.
You’re busy. Why not let us help you and scratch one thing off your to-do list: planning the perfect birthday bash for your budding scientist. The Party Smarty birthday party program at HMNS Sugar Land is your one-stop shop for party planning—from selecting a theme and deciding on décor to securing activities and entertainment, we’ve got you covered.
Party Smarty Format
Party Smarty is about more than cake and candles. We make it our mission for your child to have an unforgettable time and to learn something while they’re at it.
Planning with us is easy. Here’s how it works:
- Start by choosing a theme. You can explore Dinosaur Alley in the Paleontology Hall, explore our cave of Gems, or view a film in the Digital Dome theatre. Each party is two hours long and includes crafts, tour of an exhibit to nourish those noggins or a Digital Dome show, time in the Dig Pit (depending on the theme) and time for good old-fashioned celebration.
- Parties are customizable with add-on programs; contact your party planner for more information on add-ons like magicians, live animal demonstrations and more. Most rooms can accommodate up to 20 kids and 20 parents. If extra room is needed, we do have the ability to accommodate more, contact your party planner for more details!
Introducing our NEW Deluxe Birthday Party at Sugar Land! Now you can party amongst the dinosaurs in our new location that puts you right in our Dino Alley! This exciting new package also includes your choice of one our amazing add-on presentations and exclusive Party Smarty invitations and thank you cards. For more information about this one of a kind package, please contact us.
- Payment: 50% of fee must be paid at time of booking, with the remainder to be paid within 7 days prior to the party date. The Houston Museum of Natural Science prefers credit cards as a method of payment. If you would prefer to pay in cash, we will accept cash payments for a birthday party as long as the initial deposit of 50% is made at the time of booking and the remaining balance paid within 7 days prior to the party date. All birthday parties must be paid prior to the date of the party. Failure to do so will result in the birthday party being cancelled. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Holiday Fee: For parties booked on a Holiday, there will be an additional $100 charge. Weekday discount does not apply on holidays.
- Rush fee: For parties booked 7 days out or less, we will change an additional $50 Rush fee.
- Rescheduling Fee: One date rescheduling per party is allowed. Any subsequent reschedulings will be subject to a $50 fee per change.
- No outside vendors: No outside catering companies or outside entertainment are allowed.
Pricing Basic Party Smarty Package – Ages 11 and younger
- Members: $350
- Non-Members: $450
There is a $100 discount for birthday parties held Monday-Friday
- Large Room Additional Charge: $150 for up to 40 children and 40 adults.
- You also have the option of purchasing an extra 30 minutes for your party for $100.
- Wildlife on Wheels: $275
Whether it’s creepy and crawly or cuddly and cute, we have the critter you want. Guests can experience a live animal presentation when they drop in for a visit. Animal availability may vary. (Recommended for children 4 years and older. Presentation lasts 45 minutes and extends your party by 30 minutes.)
- Magician: $275
Our magician will astound guests with his mystifying magic! (Recommended for children 5 years and older. Presentation lasts 45 minutes and extends your party by 30 minutes.)
- Balloon Artist: $125
From swords to Disney characters and everything in between, our balloon artists will delight your guests with their creations. (Recommended for all age groups. Presentation lasts 60 minutes and extends your party by 30 minutes.)
- Face Painter: $150
Anything and everything your child (and their friends) can dream up can be painted on their face or arm. (Recommended for all age groups. Presentation lasts 60 minutes and extends your party by 30 minutes.)
Beginning in 2020, we will no longer offer helium balloons.
- Invitations and Thank You Cards: $40 (includes 20 invitations with envelopes and 20 thank you cards with envelopes)
You’re more than welcome to bring your own food or have food delivered to the museum for your party, however for the safety of our patrons the following items are not allowed: hot plates, crockpots, chafing dishes, sparkler candles or any other heating or warming devices.
Alcohol will not be tolerated or permitted under any circumstances during birthday party activities.
We also cannot accomodate joint parties.
The Houston Museum of Natural Science does not offer any refunds on birthday parties.
Rescheduling of Parties:
The Houston Museum of Natural Science allows a one-time reschedule of a birthday party. Any add-ons that were booked for the original birthday party date are not guaranteed on the rescheduled date. However, the museum will make every effort to reschedule all original add-ons. Any subsequent reschedulings will be subject to a $50 fee per change.
For additional information, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.