Your health is our goal.
Help us make your visit easy. Purchase tickets before your visit at our online box office. Select “Digital Tickets” at checkout to receive your tickets to your e-mail account. These can be printed or used directly from your phone. This will allow you to skip any lines at the Box Office and proceed immediately to the museum’s exhibit halls for “low-touch” access.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting the Houston Museum of Natural Science, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
The following are some of the measures we have implemented:
Skip the Lines
- We strongly urge advance online purchase of “Digital Tickets” to make possible, “touch-free” or “low-touch” entry to the Museum.
- Digital Tickets may be scanned directly from your phone or printed at home.
- If you selected will call, please have your Will Call # available when you arrive. Tickets can be printed at kiosks just inside the main entrance. Kiosks are disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- Our advance sales phone line is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Sunday.
- If you’re visiting multiple Houston attractions using CityPASS, you’ll enjoy easy entry by using your mobile CityPASS ticket. Learn more.
- We have installed plexiglass screens at visitor, information, and sales desks to serve as an additional barrier between employees and visitors.
Sanitation and Cleaning Procedures
- We have installed more hand sanitizing stations and instituted heightened cleaning protocols, including frequent environmental cleaning and disinfection of “high-touch” door handles, elevators, and restrooms.
- We have implemented cleanliness “patrols” in all exhibition galleries and other public areas that disinfect high-touch areas throughout the day and check that all soap and sanitizer dispensers are full.
Staff Training Procedures
- All staff members have gone through required training sessions to understand and implement these modified procedures and sanitation practices to ensure the health of both staff members and visitors.
Museums are essential to our culture and we are committed to continuing to serve our mission of providing a world-class museum experience for the Houston community. The Museum continues to expand digital engagement opportunities.
We hope to see you soon.
Joel A. Bartsch, HMNS President & CEO