HMNS at Hermann Park has a parking garage attached directly to the building. Parking in the HMNS garage is a flat rate for the duration of your visit, and cannot be reserved in advance.
The maximum vehicle height for the HMNS garage is 6’ 8”.
Parking is per entry/exit. Members pay $10 and non-members pay $30.
Parking can be paid for at the Box Office, Gift Shop, or one of the kiosks. Please pay before exiting the garage.
The garage is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily. Check with the Box Office or our Advance Sales phone line (713-639-4629) for event parking with extended hours.
During busier times, the HMNS parking garage may be full. For your convenience, below is a list of alternative parking options in the surrounding area. Please pay attention to posted street signs before parking. HMNS is not responsible for changes to parking offered by other museums, the Hermann Park Conservancy, or the City of Houston.
Additional free parking options include:
- Free 3-hour parking lot at the McGovern Centennial Gardens (Lot C)
- Free 3-hour parking lot directly off the traffic circle, by the statue of Sam Houston (Lot A)
- Free daily parking near the Zoo (Lots D, E, F, G, and H)
- Limited free parking spots in front of HMNS on Caroline Street
- Limited free Handicap Reserved parking spots along Herman Park Drive
Additional Paid Parking Options (at your own cost):
- Museum Medical Tower
5714 Caroline St, Houston, TX 77004
- Plaza Medical Center Garage
1239 Ewing St, Houston, TX 77004
1144 Binz Street, Houston, TX 77004
- Health Museum
1515 Hermann Dr, Houston, TX 77004
- Children’s Museum
1433 Ewing St, Houston, TX 77004
- Holocaust Museum
5401 Caroline St, Houston, TX 77004
- MetroRail – The “Museum District” stop is only 3 blocks from HMNS